Positive transition?

On 2nd May, I came back from Bangkok to Mae Sariang after a skin treatment in a Bangkok hospital.  It was not less than 12 hour bus ride.  But I took the night bus and I slept all the way.  As travelling during the night, I did not have to bear the heat of this season.  I got back earlier in the morning and had to go straight away to a guesthouse room I booked to stay for 16 nights until my end of assignment on 18 May 2012.  My lease for the apartment ended by the end of April and I managed to sell everything that I will not carry home giving at least 50% discount. :-(  I am not so happy about it.  But c'est la vie.  Oh, I want to share you the photo of my room, in fact, it is a bungalow.  I never posted a photo on this blog inside post and please give me any idea if you think it can be improved.  Here you go, how lovely it is.  I am going to stay in this lovely hut until 18 of May....  It was being built when I arrived in this town to take up my assignment.  Wooden floor and when curtain lifted for having glass windows, there is lots of light into the room.  I want to have fresh air but if I open the glass windows, I am sure, to have so many mosquitos as compliments.  So, I am satisfied now with the light. :-)
This is how it look like at night.  Again lovely, isn't it?  The landlady of this guesthouse is so sweet.  There are altogether 6 bungalow in this compound.  She does the housekeeping herself.  There is no domestic staff.  She is so sweet.  For your information, I get free drinking water, as much as I want. The rates became not more than 15 USD a night for longer stay.

The compound is quite small but they have done a great job and invested well for business.  I am thinking if I can get bank loan to build a place like this in my hometown and run a guesthouse business like this!  Is it possible?  Yes, absolutely possible, if my hometown enjoys the basic infrastructure such as uninterrupted electricity and water supply.  Until I completed my high school, I did not know that having these basic needs and living a secure life which means no treat of being taken away for interrogation or no threat at forced labour is our rights as a human being.  Most of my generation and a generation earlier never had the chance to learn and voice for their basic rights. As a result, simply, we did not know our rights and we even were satisfied that we had to live with it.  We lack the idea that these things could become better if there is a change.

This weekend, I wanted to watch a movie.  But I turned on the tele, only Thai channels are there.  I gave up to watch the TV and turned on Youtube on my mac.  I found that in my Youtube history, I have not watched an hour documentary until the end.  I continued to watch it.  It was about a correspondent from Al Jazeera returned to her home country and met someone forced their family to be in exile and later I learned that her mother never had a chance to see her parents alive.  Some of us, may have experienced it as our country also had this kind of transition.  There may have been so many people disappeared.  There may have been so many people executed without a fair trial.  There are mothers who is still waiting for the return of their loving children missing in action.

I want to share this link with you.  Imelda and me  You may be interested in continue watching the related links.  After these incidents, none of them was held accountable.  It was just part of so many untold tragic stories.  But which is more tragical and disappointing is that people tend to forget things so easily.  They tend not to forgive but they forgot. I noticed that at some point, the correspondent was so excited and told the interviewee to look at her.  By watching this clip, I was so astonished that the interviewee was so calm and have been living such a strong life. I admired her, the interviewee, that she will continue her life this way for the rest of her life.  She is so determined.  Even when the whole world is thinking what she was saying were complete lies.  She did not shake or hesitate to continue saying what she believes.

I smile as I am writing now, remembering the fact that our electrical power minster completely stated the reason to sell natural gas and electricity from hydro power projects to neighbouring countries.  But the truth is we are living being deprived of uninterrupted electricity.

Many citizens of this country experienced so much.  I don't know which word will express my intention when I mentioned "experienced so much".  Personally it seems to me that the United States played a very important role from the beginning to the end of this mystery.  I am neither pro-American nor anti-American.  But I am convinced personally that no power or state will have invested such generosity unless it is profitable for them.  Our country is now in a transition where things could happen in many ways.

Are we going to be victims or will we all get perfect lives after this transition?

It is a mystery, isn't it?

David (pour toi) | 6 May 2012 @ 16:25 | Mae Sariang | Thailand

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ငါမျက်ရည်ကျနေပါတယ်။ ဒါပေမယ့်ငါအားမငယ်ပါဘူး။

Surrender a greatest passion

Forgetting somebody