2017 will over soon and what is USA?
I checked my emails and realized that last year in 2016, I applied for a the ACYPL professional fellow program but I was not selected. And again, I did apply this year in the beginning of 2017 and I got selected.
According to the program, I will have to travel to the US in October and November and the period is going to be almost 6 weeks. I am excited! And while writing this post, I have secured my US entry visa and most of the paper works done. But I have yet to know where my placement will be.
But luckily, I got hint that I would be placed together with a friend, a transgender woman from Thailand together as our cause are similar. So, I am happy. We will cook, and either speak Thai or English from time to time. The theme of our fellowship is Legislative Process and Governance but I also expect there will be other things coming up and I will get a lot of experience during this fellowship.
3 years ago, I was in Australia (Melbourne and Sydney) for a month. At that time, I was together with a transsexual woman from my country. We had very good time. You would not believe our schedules at that time was fully packed. But we never got tired and we spent a lot for Latte and Hot Chocolate at Starbucks nearby Flinders Street Station in Melbourne.
This time, the fellowship is going to be from 10 am to 4 pm (US time!). I think once again, I will get used to working fulltime. :-) I have been away from 9 to 5 working hours for quite sometimes but in fact it seems like I hardly have weekends since October 2016.
I hope to enjoy my time in US and hope to see my relatives who lives nearby DC and around. At the end of my fellowship,
And I have to visit New York and
According to the program, I will have to travel to the US in October and November and the period is going to be almost 6 weeks. I am excited! And while writing this post, I have secured my US entry visa and most of the paper works done. But I have yet to know where my placement will be.
But luckily, I got hint that I would be placed together with a friend, a transgender woman from Thailand together as our cause are similar. So, I am happy. We will cook, and either speak Thai or English from time to time. The theme of our fellowship is Legislative Process and Governance but I also expect there will be other things coming up and I will get a lot of experience during this fellowship.
3 years ago, I was in Australia (Melbourne and Sydney) for a month. At that time, I was together with a transsexual woman from my country. We had very good time. You would not believe our schedules at that time was fully packed. But we never got tired and we spent a lot for Latte and Hot Chocolate at Starbucks nearby Flinders Street Station in Melbourne.
This time, the fellowship is going to be from 10 am to 4 pm (US time!). I think once again, I will get used to working fulltime. :-) I have been away from 9 to 5 working hours for quite sometimes but in fact it seems like I hardly have weekends since October 2016.
I hope to enjoy my time in US and hope to see my relatives who lives nearby DC and around. At the end of my fellowship,
And I have to visit New York and
- Visit Carrie Bradshaw's apartment at 66 Perry Street
- Visit Charlotte York's apartment at 700 Park Avenue
- Take a photo in front of Manolo Blahnik, 31 West 54 Street and Tiffiny and Co, 727 Fifth Avenue
- Some Tapas at Magnolia Bakery, 401 Bleecker Street
- A walk in Central Park, East 72nd Street
- Another photo in front of the 4 Seasons, 99 East 52nd Street
- Not a fan of arts but a photo in front of the Paris Theatre, 4 West 58th Street
- Any chance to Vogue Offices on 4 Time Square :-)
- Medical Examiner's Office in Philadelphia
- Court house and State Attorney's Office in Illinois
More to fill in or more posts ....
Comments
Post a Comment