Depression or Procrastination
From September 2016, I left my fulltime job and started my career as a freelancer thinking I would have more time for myself, do what I want to do and also take up some courses that I have been interested in.
2015 to 2020 have been the most blooming time for our country where foreign investors, development agencies came and started their assessment works. Those who worked as interpreters, fixers, translators and brokers would earn a fortune. Shortage of talents in those areas even created other professionals to change their profession for better income.
As someone who started freelance interpretation since mid 2012, I really did not my time but enjoyed the business fun that was created because of the high demand in the market.
Life has been so easy and fun until Feb 2021 coup. Many people lost their careers in 2020 because of the COVID pandemic but that did not effect me more than 2 months in March and April 2020 when I shifted my services to online platforms.
After the coup, things were different. I fled my home, leaving everything behind. I worked in remote areas but I was unable to control things around me because of limited resources and infrastructure. I was depressed thinking what's next which is very uncertain. At the same time, the sounds or mortar shellings, air-strikes even where it was far, hearing them make me hopeless.
Today, I could say I am relatively safe but I could not function well like I used to before.
A lot of mental scars!
But I am so blessed. God is always with me. Even in the most difficult time, I was not left empty-handed. Praise the Lord!
Comments
Post a Comment