Christmas in Mae Sot

Again, it happened to me that I have to come to Mae Sot again.  It took me so long to visit Mae Sot because from Mae Sariang the only transportation available to go to Mae Sot is the red song taew which are small and takes at least 6 hours on the way to arrive Mae Sot!  But I was very lucky this time.  A friend on mine rang me on Friday last week and asked me if I would like to join her as she is driving to Mae Sot for a friend's wedding. Wow!  I happily accepted her offer and joined her.

She left Mae Hong Son at 07:30 in the morning and arrived around 10:20. She called me and we left at 10:30 from Mae Sariang.  The road to Mae Sariang from Mae Sot is always under construction.  But we enjoyed the rough road to Mae Sot.  When we passed by Mae La Refugees camp, I looked at the camp and it was such a memory.  Well, I used to work there   almost three years!

We arrived in Mae Sot at 2:30 pm, the right time, I would say.  A room was booked for me in First Hotel.  The best wooden decorated hotel in town.  I heard that the wood are teak from Myanmar!  No one knows where exactly they are from.  My sister-like ex-colleague booked me a room there for three nights.  The room is so beautifully decorated, in my own sense.

I rest in my room a couple of hours before going out to have my late dinner of the day.  I happened to have wonderful Burmese foods in the Mae Sot Market.  And needless to say, the milk tea was fantastic.  I haven't had it in more than 6 months.  I had such talks with the owner of the teashop in Burmese.  I unexpectedly met a friend there and I talked with him as well.  What a nice day it was!

My sister-like ex-colleague told me to have dinner with her and I went out again to see her.  Oh! to my surprise, I met my another friend on the road, he gave me a ride and moreover he joined us for dinner.  We talked and talked and talked.  We were so much happy.  Especially me, who hadn't had such talks for more than 6 months enjoyed talking to them and immersing myself in the talks.  The food seemed more than delicious to me but I couldn't eat much since I enjoyed the talks so much.

My friend who offered me a ride told me he is going out again and since I am missing too much of my nightlife, I decided to join him and we came to a bar called, "Cafe Ole".  Cafe Ole but it does not offer any coffee but alcohol.  You can get all kinds of alcohol in Cafe Ole.  Wonderful, isn't it?

We arrived Cafe Ole around 9:30 pm.  Later old colleagues who love nightlife joined us.  Wonderful..... always wonderful.... I ordered a electric shot which is the most strongest shot, as they say, in the cafe!  Then these colleagues brought also doubled bottle red wine.  I got drunk just after the first shot but I continued to enjoy the wine, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth shots.......  Again  what a wonderful night.....

Mae Sot is improving and developing but I don't think my friendship with friends is like before.  Have I changed or have they changed?  Maybe both...

The night was still very young when we left Ole!  But I thought it was time for me to do so.  I felt nothing more than a normal feeling of being with friend.  I felt no real feelings.  It was strange.  But my smiles all went back to being diplomatic in a covered place.

Yes, a night before Christmas eve in Mae Sot is not that exciting as I have been expecting but it was so so our lifestyle!

A fashion I hate but a fashion I am still wearing - an artificial smile.

David (pour toi) | 24 December 2011 @ 01:15 | Mae Sot | Thailand

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ငါမျက်ရည်ကျနေပါတယ်။ ဒါပေမယ့်ငါအားမငယ်ပါဘူး။

Surrender a greatest passion

Forgetting somebody