The beginning of change

What day is today?  Today is Thursday!  To be exact, today is 12 January 2012 which means I am into 12 days already in 2012.  I did not make any special resolution for this year but what I am really into is to have a healthy and happy balanced life.  And that is not very easy.  I am thinking seriously, have I had one?  I am not sure.  But I can try to achieve one.  And how do I achieve it.  Sitting and thinking does not bring any changes.  Obviously, just need to work out your ass.


By the end of 2011, the scale told me I turned officially 129 Kg.  With my height, my BMI turned out to be 39.61 (Obese Class 2).  The situation is severe.  I am not overweight.  I am obese.  I cannot pretend that I am happy and active.  I am dull and tend to immobile often.  That's the truth and I do accept it.  I am thinking how can I lose and maintain a healthy weight loss. In the beginning of December, I travelled to my friends, had very good food and slept fewer hours a day.  I was so happy but on the other hand, I could not neglect the fact that I put on more than 6 Kg after that trip.  When I got back to the place where I am working, the online order conventional electric oven was waiting for me at my doorstep and I happily started baking cakes and cookies which added more weight to my body.  This is not the end.  I went to pick up my boyfriend and enjoyed the most wonderful food in my life in Mae Sot.  I am so happy.  But I realised that I could not sit properly.  I feel pain from my joints.  I have been a big boy all life long and I have been trying to lose my weight all my life.  I have never been successful.  I have so many excuses not to or to skip workout at so many occasions.  


I fell down one morning a couple of weeks ago in my room while locking my front door.  I twisted my leg and it was so painful.  I endured it for more than 3 days seriously.  Until this morning, I cannot walk properly in shape because it is still painful at some points.  I think there is no other options for me rather than to put aside my excuses and find time to workout properly and get myself back a healthy balanced weight.  Shall I say it is one of the resolutions for this year?  Of course, I can but I need a realistic target for my weight loss.  That's very clear!


I am turning into my 30s.  I am yet to do any retirement plan though I started working while I was 19 years old which means more than 10 years ago.  I have worked full-time all these years.  The only period I was jobless was the month of April 2008 from 1st to 27th.  I earned more than an ordinary citizen of my country.  But to date, I have saved none for my retirement.  I have been a heavy spender again all my life.  I have done book-keeping, financial, cost, management accounting training and I even had been an accountant for a short period of time and know how to keep track of my personal finance but I never had a successful plan.  I made plans and recording my income and expenses on daily basis but the plan usually failed and it did not last more than 7 days.  What was the course of the failure?  Dinning-outs!  Drinks!  Holidays Travels! Home appliances! and buying so many unnecessary cosmetic items end up failing all my plans.  I am telling myself.  It is not too late.  I can start today.  I am starting now.  I will not start tomorrow because tomorrow does not come.  So I am starting NOW.


What else I will change?  I will let you know.  But I am sure there will be so many :-)


David (pour toi) | 12 January @ 12:48 | Mae Sariang | Thailand


Comments

Anonymous said…
So do i but I made up my mind to reach my target weight. Never Give Up..

Cheers!
TC
Unknown said…
I need to work hard to reach my target weight too....

Popular posts from this blog

ငါမျက်ရည်ကျနေပါတယ်။ ဒါပေမယ့်ငါအားမငယ်ပါဘူး။

Surrender a greatest passion

Forgetting somebody