We or Me?
Sometimes, I am thinking, what's the point of having a relationship with someone? Well, it is easy. I want an accompany. I am a gay but still I am a human being and not an island. Yes! But am I having the right companion? No one knows. I do not even know if I am having the right companion!
A friend of mine reminded me that in a gay relationship, it is very rare and even could be none to find a true love relationship. His statement is true 100% almost but quite inconvenient to accept. I questioned myself. Isn't there any true gay relationship?
Living together or being in whatever relationship in a dwelling under the same roof is in fact not very easy. Every aspect of being together is compromises. Your partner who you want to be your companion is not compatible with you in most circumstances intellectually and this usually is the beginning of the compromises to start.
My very close friend applauded his partner as an expert in mining as well as a very good storyteller. He knows everything about him from tips to toes. But my friend is a responsible partner. He always makes sure that nothing can be criticized of him. A relationship full of compromises!
What about me? My partner, a drunkard always gets hot-temperated when he gets drunk. And I always sounds like a flying bee when he gets drunk. We ends up either in a fight or a debate before bed. There, both of us, need to come to a compromise too.
After all these compromises, what I am thinking further is are we really into or ready to be in a relationship? Are we going to carry it until the end of our days? Are we ready to address ourselves as we or are we still like being me?
But most importantly, we need to be happy in our lives, aren't we?
David (pour toi) | 23 January 2012 @ 01:07 | Mae Sariang | Thailand
A friend of mine reminded me that in a gay relationship, it is very rare and even could be none to find a true love relationship. His statement is true 100% almost but quite inconvenient to accept. I questioned myself. Isn't there any true gay relationship?
Living together or being in whatever relationship in a dwelling under the same roof is in fact not very easy. Every aspect of being together is compromises. Your partner who you want to be your companion is not compatible with you in most circumstances intellectually and this usually is the beginning of the compromises to start.
My very close friend applauded his partner as an expert in mining as well as a very good storyteller. He knows everything about him from tips to toes. But my friend is a responsible partner. He always makes sure that nothing can be criticized of him. A relationship full of compromises!
What about me? My partner, a drunkard always gets hot-temperated when he gets drunk. And I always sounds like a flying bee when he gets drunk. We ends up either in a fight or a debate before bed. There, both of us, need to come to a compromise too.
After all these compromises, what I am thinking further is are we really into or ready to be in a relationship? Are we going to carry it until the end of our days? Are we ready to address ourselves as we or are we still like being me?
But most importantly, we need to be happy in our lives, aren't we?
David (pour toi) | 23 January 2012 @ 01:07 | Mae Sariang | Thailand
Comments
i think the question also is "are we the right companion as well?
that's we need to ask ourselves may be we are the one who are not ready to be We and there is still so much me in us
but if u say two friends is also a kind of relationship then i think compromises will be a lot easier, just an example,
after all is love what makes things complicated
i am sure if two gay friends live together under one roof compromises will still be there but not as much, then again intellectual level of both parties have a say in this (a big portion) as well
Post a Comment