Archiving A Burmese Gay's Testimony for Puppylay

I started writing a blog in 2009 after meeting a friend in the beginning of 2008 while I was working in Thailand.  I wrote mostly about me, and that of my family background.  I got a boyfriend at the end of 2009 while I was in Mae Sot.  I called him Puppy Lay!  I loved him so much and he loved me too.  In December 2011, I decided to dedicate this blog for him and started writing about me.  I mostly wrote this blog in English but at that time, he could not read a single word in English.  I was then trusted in him that he will surely be able to read this log one day and he will then learn how I have been loving him and how I wanted him to be.  I also did believe that people would know more about me when they read it.  They would learn about my encounters as a gay, well very effeminate gay at that time.

I named this blog, "A Burmese Gay's Testimony" with a domain name www.puppylay.net.

Puppylay was honest, kind and understanding and younger than me 5 years.  Our love did not endure long but we had had wonderful times when we were together.  It was very unfortunate that he loves alcohol more than me.  I moved back to my country in mid 2012 and our relationship deteriorated over time.  We broke up as a result of the bad drinking habit.

I buried my heart and used my brain to formulate a new relationship definition of my understanding.  I started my new relationship which is quite openly eccentric to others in the LGBT community with a lawyer from Rakhine State.  He moved in with me in the beginning of 2013 and we both tried to build up a new type of relationship which we call "family" since.

When I came back to Myanmar in 2012, I worked for a community based legal aid programme for MSM (men have sex with men), female sex workers, and IDUs (injecting drug users) dreaming I now could do so much for my community of vulnerable populations!  But I did not realise that the community management committee was not happy with my international standard programme management.

They decided not to renew my contract after the probation period.  In other words, THEY FIRED ME!  I was shocked to learn that and this incident demotivated me a lot.  My whole life in my work history, I submitted my resignation to International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Office of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), International Rescue Committee (IRC) and United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) and never been grounded.  My vulnerable community have been so empowered and did that to me.

But as usual, I moved on and life is always full of surprises to me!

In the beginning of 2014, I decided to live my life as a transgender woman which I have longed for.  I was afraid of the fact that I would be categorised as being mentally ill after being a fulll-time cross-dressers (transvestite) for two consecutive years.  But I could not resist the call of my nature.  I changed.

This blog needs a change too where relevant.  I am naming this blog

"A memoir of the Karen (Kayin) Transgender Woman of Burma"

as of today...

Yaya (pour toi) | 23 Jul 2016 @ 0156 | Yankin | Yangon | Myanmar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ငါမျက်ရည်ကျနေပါတယ်။ ဒါပေမယ့်ငါအားမငယ်ပါဘူး။

Surrender a greatest passion

Forgetting somebody