Change

This post is reposted here in order to collect all the notes I have written in one place.

Change

by David Aye Myat Godwiller on Thursday, 24 February 2011 at 00:32

I feel very happy and relieved after I came back from the police station this evening. I got my driving license back which had been kept in the police station since last year November! Thank God! I did not have any accident during this period and I totally forgot that my driving license was not with me. A couple of days ago, I was again stopped by the traffic warden for not putting on the helmet and warned. Only then I was reminded to go to the police station. Since I arrived in Mae Sot, I have been to the police station for more than 5 times. I have been here in Mae Sot for work for almost three years and now I am moving to another place. I have to admit that I am quite careless about driving especially when it comes to wearing the helmet! I know it is not a good practice for the road safety.

I need to change.

I have completed so many things today. I went to have my motorbike license extended. It was due 2 years ago. Don't tell me I am naughty. I will come up with many excuses. But after all it was me who is absent and put off to do that. In the afternoon, I went to take the medical certificate from the doctor including the CXR film reading to be forwarded for contractual purposes. Even though, it was recommended that I am fit to work, the doctor did not forget the fact that I am overweighed. He carefully wrote down the symptoms and things to follow up after a certain month. I was not happy about it when I was told I am overweighed. But it is the truth. I love to eat and sometimes, my eating habit is not healthy. I knew that but I tried to ignored it and it resulted myself being overweighed. In addition, I am rewarded with the characteristics of mild hypertension! I know it is not a good habit for health.

I need to change.

I was home early this evening though I went around the town fixing errands. I got tired and I lied on my bed thinking about moving to a new workstation. It is full of challenges! Will I ever cope with it? Will I be happy to be in the new place? Will I get along well with my colleagues? Will my supervisors be difficult to deal with? Will I have difficulties travelling to the remote workplaces? Many questions came into my mind! Then I carefully thought about solutions to my own questions. We were not born adaptable to new things. We were born to experience and adapt new challenges. Life will be boring if there is no challenges. It is good to an extent that there is no challenges but will I be happy at all if my life is slow and steady forever? Change gives us the opportunity to challenge life. I know through my experiences, I don't like to be in one place for a long time.

I need to change.

I have a friend who likes to listen to the love story of other people. He enjoys what he heard and he is really a good peer and counselor. He is not at the level of being inquisitive but I can tell the degree of his anxiety to know what is going on with the affairs of his friends is higher than normal. But his practices did not annoy anyone. But strange to say, though he likes listen to the stories of others, he is playing secondlife.com! He did not disclose any information about his love life or never admitted that he used to have a single love story in his life. But he has another life! In every conversation that reached to the eagarness of his love story, he has been very swift to turn it down and proficiently have the conversation driven into another topic! But at one point, so unexpectedly, he murmured a tiny piece of his life secret. I did not get to see his face but his voice was accompanied by the truth and happiness about that piece of experience. He logged out a while from secondlife.com I think. He might have been feeling so heavy keeping all the secrets and things never shared amongst friends. And suddenly he utterred one and felt happy.

Did he change?

Everyone needs changes in life. Sometimes, we have to adapt to changes because we have no choice and sometimes, we accept changes willingly because it is our own wishes to change. But whatever happens, change is change. People may see change as stress. People may see change as challenge. People may see change as fun. People may see change as relief.

We change but we shouldn't let change to change us......

David (pour toi) | 24 February 2011 @ 0035 | Mae Sot | Thailand

Comments

Unknown said…
Today, I am reading this post again.
And I learned that I finally made an absolute change..

Popular posts from this blog

ငါမျက်ရည်ကျနေပါတယ်။ ဒါပေမယ့်ငါအားမငယ်ပါဘူး။

Surrender a greatest passion

Forgetting somebody